We have affiliations with 2 different companies that provide ferry crossings across the Cook Strait between the North and South islands of New Zealand.
As we do not have a branch in Picton it is necessary for you to take the vehicle across the Cook Strait on one of the ferries, however there are definitely some great advantages in traveling this way:
- You do not have to unpack and then re-pack your vehicle before and after the crossing
- You do not have to worry about your luggage whilst on the crossing
- You do not have to spend time getting used to a different car in each island
- You simply drive your car on to the ferry and enjoy the crossing
- On arrival you just get back into your vehicle and enjoy your holiday
Booking a Ferry
GO Rentals suggests that you make contact with the following companies that offer this service. The Inter Island Ferry Service, book online right now www.interislander.co.nz
Alternatively Bluebridge who often have the cheapest rates, book online right now www.bluebridge.co.nz
We are more than happy to assist you with your ferry bookings, however we recommend that during peak season (Nov - Apr) you organise this in advance as rates can vary from season to season.
Please contact us directly for help with any inter-island reservations you require. Click here to enquire about your ferry crossing