If your NZ journey is taking you across both the North and South Islands, you will need to book a ferry crossing over the Cook Strait.
Our talented GO Rentals team can book these for you and give you any information you need, however we recommend that during peak season (Nov - Apr) you organise this in advance as rates can vary from season to season.
All you need to do is simply drive on board the ferry of your choice, enjoy the picturesque 3 hour crossing in comfort, then drive off to continue your journey!
Benefits of taking your GO vehicle on the ferry
Take the stress out of your New Zealand road trip by taking your GO vehicle on the ferry with you. Enjoy the 92km voyage described as "one of the most beautiful ferry rides in the world". Forget the hold up of doing paper work again, take your vehicle on the ferry across and then just drive. Need more convincing?
- There is no unpacking and then re-packing your vehicle before and after the crossing
- Less worrying about your luggage whilst on the crossing
- Spend less time getting used to a different car in each island
- You simply drive your car on to the ferry and enjoy the crossing
- On arrival just jump back into your vehicle and enjoy your holiday
Contact GO Rentals today to organise your ferry booking.
Or book using the booking widget below. This booking widget will take you away from the GO Rentals Website.
The Interislander has plenty of brilliant on-board facilities to keep you busy.
- Current release movies are screened in a state-of-the-art cinema.
- Onboard shops
- A wide range of food and beverages
- Onboard entertainment is also varied, for the amusement of young and old. Clowns and magicians perform for children during the busy summer months, while many New Zealand bands "play for their supper", proudly supported by Interislander.
Enjoy a more relaxed ride by upgrading your on-board experience. The Interislander has 3 options to choose from:
Premium Plus - All ships (ONLY $45pp)
An exclusive, premium on-board lounge for 18+ years. Access includes:
- Beer & Wine
- Light snacks
- Hot food on selected sailings
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- Wi-Fi Computers
- Tea & Coffee
- Comfortable seating
Cabins on Kaitaki (ONLY $40!)
Great for families. Access includes:
- 4 bunkbeds
- Separate ensuite
- Linen, towels, soap
- 2 complimentary hot beverages
- Board games available
A $5 deposit required for the cabin key and a $20 deposit for the games – both refundable.