Following the Government’s recent announcement, from Saturday 26 March 2022, the new Covid-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights) comes into effect. With a focus on making life simpler and closer to normal, we have evaluated our business requirements.
What does this mean for you?
When you book a car hire with us at any of our branches from 5 April 2022 you:
- Do not need to sign in using your My Vaccine Pass.
- Do not need to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test.
If you feel unwell and have Covid-19 symptoms please refrain from entering the branch.
It continues to be a priority to keep both our customers and staff safe and to ensure your journey is an enjoyable one. This is why our Covid-19 travel guarantee still applies to future-proof your road trip so you can book with confidence.
Book with confidence with our Covid-19 Travel Guarantee
Customers impacted by the Covid-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights) are provided full flexibility to cancel, change their booking, and obtain a refund or credit on file to use anytime in the future. No cancellation or admin fees will apply. This applies if customers are:
- Affected by border closures (regional and international)
- Affected by lockdowns if the Government reverts back to Alert levels 3 and 4
- Instructed by the Ministry of Health that they must isolate and therefore cannot travel. Proof in the form of a letter from the Ministry of Health or a medical letter will need to be presented.
Standard Cancellation Policy
- The Hirer may cancel its booking of the Vehicle at any time prior to picking up the Vehicle by giving GO Rentals written notification but will be liable to pay a cancellation fee to GO Rentals in accordance with this clause.
- If the Hirer notifies GO Rentals of the cancellation more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of pick up there will be a cancellation fee of 10% of the total charges for the Vehicle rental.
- If the Hirer notifies GO Rentals of the cancellation less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of pick up or does not collect the Vehicle at the scheduled time of pick up (i.e. is a “no show”), the cancellation fee is 100% of the total charges for the Vehicle rental that would have been associated with the booking.
- Any amounts refunded to the Hirer under clauses 22 and 23 are subject to an administration fee to cover the cost of processing the refund of 10% of the refund due, or $20.00, whichever is higher.
Processing times for refunds take up to 15 working days
GO Rentals Vaccination Status
We understand how important it is to retain what we know is most effective at reducing the spread of Covid-19 and protecting our customers and keeping our community safe. That is why we are pleased to inform our customers that our frontline staff across the country, at all branches, are 100% vaccinated! We are in this together to make our workplace safer for you, and your loved ones.
Covid Clean Approved
We are also COVID Clean Approved by Qualmark – New Zealand Tourism’s official mark of quality. This means we have taken extra measures to ensure our customers, staff, and community are kept safe to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We take extra steps to ensure surfaces across all our branches and shuttles are frequently cleaned, with sanitiser provided for customers. Our dedication to branch and vehicle cleanliness is our utmost priority.
All our staff will be wearing face masks and require our customers to do so too in-branch and within our shuttles.
All customers need to ensure they physically distance 2 meters apart in branch. This will be clearly identified and marked in-branch.