Our priority is to keep both our customers and staff safe during these difficult times to ensure your journey is an enjoyable one. Following the Government’s recent announcement of the new traffic light system from the 3 December 2021, we’re adding another layer of protection to keep you safe, and to give you peace of mind to plan a future-proof road trip so you can book with confidence.
What does this mean for you?
When you book a car hire with us at any of our branches from 3 December 2021 you are required to either:
1. Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and show proof of this upon pick-up. This can be presented with your My Vaccine Pass as a digital version or hard copy. The fastest way to get this is through the My Covid Record website.
2. Show proof of a negative Covid-19 test (taken 72 hours prior to arriving at branch), either shown in the form of a text message or a letter from a medical professional.
This applies to all customers 12 years old and over. If customers do not meet the above requirements they will be required to leave the premise immediately.
If you feel unwell and have Covid-19 symptoms please refrain from entering the branch.
What happens if I don’t have proof?
If you don’t have proof of your Vaccine Pass or a negative Covid-19 test when you collect your vehicle you have the option to place your booking as credit and kept on file to use next time you hire with us. For more information see our travel guarantee below.
Book with confidence with our Covid-19 Travel Guarantee
Customers impacted by the Covid-19 new traffic light system are provided full flexibility to cancel, change their booking, and obtain a refund or credit on file to use anytime in the future. No cancellation or admin fees will apply. This applies if customers are:
- Affected by regional border closures
- Affected by lockdowns if the Government reverts back to Alert level 3 and 4
- Instructed by the Ministry of Health that they must isolate and therefore cannot travel. Proof in the form of a letter from the Ministry of Health or a medical letter will need to be presented.
Standard Cancellation Policy
- The Hirer may cancel its booking of the Vehicle at any time prior to picking up the Vehicle by giving GO Rentals written notification but will be liable to pay a cancellation fee to GO Rentals in accordance with this clause.
- If the Hirer notifies GO Rentals of the cancellation more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of pick up there will be a cancellation fee of 10% of the total charges for the Vehicle rental.
- If the Hirer notifies GO Rentals of the cancellation less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of pick up or does not collect the Vehicle at the scheduled time of pick up (i.e. is a “no show”), the cancellation fee is 100% of the total charges for the Vehicle rental that would have been associated with the booking.
- Any amounts refunded to the Hirer under clauses 22 and 23 are subject to an administration fee to cover the cost of processing the refund of 10% of the refund due, or $20.00, whichever is higher.
Processing times for refunds take up to 15 working days
GO Rentals Vaccination Status
We understand how important it is to keep our community safe, and are excited to announce that our frontline staff across the country, at all branches are 100% vaccinated! We are in this together to make our workplace safer for you, and your loved ones.
Covid Clean Approved
We are also COVID Clean Approved by Qualmark – New Zealand Tourism’s official mark of quality. This means we have taken extra measures to ensure our customers, staff, and community are kept safe to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We take extra steps to ensure surfaces across all our branches and shuttles are frequently cleaned, with sanitiser provided for customers. Our dedication to branch and vehicle cleanliness is our utmost priority.
All our staff will be wearing face masks and require our customers to do so too in-branch and within our shuttles.
All customers need to ensure they physically distance 2 meters apart in branch. This will be clearly identified and marked in-branch.