- Is the Nelson branch located inside the airport terminal?
- Our Nelson Airport car rental branch is conveniently located right in the terminal. Once you have landed, simply look out for the pink sign in the terminal where our helpful team will get you on your way in no time at all.
- What are your Nelson branch hours and what is the after-hours process?
- Our branch hours at the Nelson Airport branch are:
8am - 5pm Monday to Sunday
If you need to pick up or drop off your rental car outside of these hours, there is an after-hours service that will enable you to do so. Once you’ve confirmed your booking, we’ll email you instructions on how to pick up and drop off your car outside of our branch hours.
- Where can I find special deals on car rental in Nelson?
- If you are looking for cheap car rental in Nelson, you have come to the right place. Our car rental deals page is home to some of New Zealand’s cheapest car rental offers. These deals are constantly changing so make sure you bookmark the page and check back regularly.
We also offer one-way relocation deals from time to time as well as exclusive partner deals with the AA. For the latest car rental deals straight to your inbox, make sure you sign up for our newsletter and never miss a deal!
- Do you offer one-way car hires from Nelson Airport?
- We sure do. We can arrange one-way car hires to and from all our locations including Nelson Airport. There are a couple of things you’ll have to consider - we do have minimum hire periods in place, and one-way hires are dependent on the time of year and your direction of travel. On occasion, we will make allowances if we need vehicles in other branches.
Make sure you keep an eye on our rental car relocation deals for all the latest rental car relocation deals.
- How far is it from Nelson Airport to downtown Nelson?
- Nelson Airport is located around 8km from downtown Nelson City and this will take you around 15 minutes depending on traffic. Thanks to our self-service check in stations, we’re committed to getting you on the road as quickly as we can - checking in via the app can also help to speed up your pick-up time.
If you are planning on heading further afield and exploring the South Island, we provide you with handy maps in your rental car or you can always speak to one of our friendly team who will be happy to point you in the right direction.
- How busy is Nelson Airport?
- Nelson Airport is one of New Zealand’s busiest regional airports – large enough to cater for a number of flights in and out each day but not so big that you will get lost. There are nine tarmac gates at Nelson Airport and up to 500 flights a week so there is plenty going on in and around the airport to keep you entertained whilst you wait for your flight. We’re delighted to be the latest addition to the terminal building so pop across and say hi.
- Do you do drop-offs and pick-ups from hotels in Nelson?
- Unfortunately, we do not offer drop-offs or pick-ups from hotels in and around Nelson. If you are unable to organise transport to or from our branch, or need special assistance, you can call us at the branch and the team will do their best to accommodate your situation.
- What will I need to bring when I collect my rental car from Nelson Airport?
- You’re one step closer to exploring NZ with us. When you come to collect your hire car at our Nelson Airport branch, you’ll need a valid driver’s licence and a credit or debit card for security. A credit card is mandatory if you have selected our Basic insurance option. It must have your name printed on it for verification and the card must be valid until the drop-off date.
- What are your most popular rental cars at Nelson Airport?
- Whilst our Nelson branch is relatively new, date from our other South Island branches suggests that the most popular rental cars from our Nelson Airport branch will be from our 4x4 range including the Toyota Rav4 and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. For shorter term hires, the Toyota Corolla is always a popular vehicle here in New Zealand and the Tesla Model 3 is proving to be a popular rental car from all our branches.
- What are the most popular destinations for people picking up a rental car in Nelson?
- Nelson is a great place to base yourself for exploring the upper South Island and popular destinations for people picking up a hire car in Nelson include Picton, Blenheim and the Abel Tasman National Park. Beyond this, Nelson is the gateway to the South Island and people will often head off on a South Island adventure, taking the east coast to Kaikoura and Christchurch or the West Coast to explore the glaciers in Franz Josef or Fox before heading across to Queenstown.